· Brown the pieces of rabbit in butter, putting the offal aside.
· Brown 7 diced carrots, 5 peeled and sliced apples, 300g of sliced mushrooms, 6 peeled and finely chopped shallots and 2 peeled and finely chopped onions in a cooker.
· Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
· Add the golden rabbit and ¼ to ½ liter of sour cream.
· Bring to a boil over high heat
· Add 1 liter of Moinette Blonde and the coarsely chopped offal.
· Heat and let/make foam
· The dish has to keep on simmering uncovered over low heat for at least 2 hours.
· Once the dish is cooked, take out the pieces of rabbit and the thyme and mix the sauce.
· Once the rabbit has cooled down, separate the flesh from the bones and pour the sauce on the rabbit.
Bon appetit … Enjoy !